Smoky Bean Stew
If you're looking for a simple 15 minute meal, give this smoky bean stew a go. This recipe is from my debut cook book "What Vegans Eat"
- Olive oil for frying
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño chilli finely chopped (or substitute for any chilli)
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tin of aduki beans
- 1 x 198 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic pureé
- a pinch of black pepper
- 300g passata
- juice of 1/2 a lemon or lime
Heat some olive oil in a pan, then add the shallots, chilli and garlic and cook over a medium heat until softened.
Tip in all of the remaining ingredients along with 125ml (1/2 cup) of water. Stir to combine, then simmer for 20 minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally.
Serve hot with toppings of your choice. I recommend vegan yoghurt and avocado.